Thursday, March 1, 2007

Wait here, I'll be right back...

March 1st (best month of the year, by the way) kicks off the start of National Ghostwriters (not to be confused with the movie of questionable quality, Ghost Rider) Week. It makes me think that maybe one of you ought to be writing this. I mean, seriously, you take and you take and you take from this blog. How ‘bout you contribute a little? (It’s ok. I forgive you.)

Alas, that will not be the case.

Lately, I’ve been noticing a disturbing trend. It seems that more and more scary movies are coming out in the theaters. It started with Norbit (scary in its own way) and lately I feel that I have been assaulted with commercials for bunches of scary movies. Since January, there have been many, many frightening releases such as The Hitcher, #23, and Zodiac. Coming soon to a theater near you, however, is what looks to be the ultimate scary film. It is called Dead Silence. It appears to be about a bunch of ventriloquists’ dummies that come to life and bring people to various degrees of deadness.

It’s as if they’ve peered in to my brain and decided that I ought to have nightmares for the rest of my life. I’m not sure why, but dolls just freak me out, man. (I feel a little bit like Dennis Hopper after typing that last line.) There’s something in their eyes. So cold, so calculating, so fear inducing. I swear one of these days they will move on their own, and we must be ready for when that day comes.

To that end, I propose the following solution: We must keep anything that could aid an evil doll in doing us harm at least four feet off of the ground. Their short stature and stubby, little arms will be their undoing. Additionally, it would be a good idea to keep an extra pillowcase or two on hand to throw over their heads and carry them off. Again, their tiny size is their greatest weakness.

Maybe, just maybe, if we all work together, we can prevent the inevitable doll revolution from being successful.

Hmm, on second thought after reading this over, maybe one of you should’ve written today. Those holiday planners knew what they were doing after all.

Much luv,
Rob
_____________________________________
Song of the Day: “Boomin’” by TobyMac

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you still playing with dolls?

Anonymous said...

someone has "chucky" on the brain i see. never know when he'll pop out from under the bed. better check just to make sure.

nice SotD (song of the day for those acronymically impaired). boomin out yo sterio system this goes out to anyone listnin.

f3