Thursday, March 15, 2007

Et tu, Brute? Beware the ides of March indeed...

I thought I had a pretty positive idea for what I might write about for today. Then disaster struck in the form of a movie. I have always maintained that Bio-dome was my absolute least favorite movie. Today, a new champion arose to dethrone the Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin debacle as the biggest waste of my time that I so desperately wish I could have back. After seeing this movie, I was fuming.

Thursday afternoon I saw Borat: Cultural Learnings of blah blah blah ruin Rob’s brain.

Granted, amidst the 84 minutes of run time there may have been a total of three minutes that were a little funny, but the other 81 were not just unfunny, they were absolutely disgusting and offensive. Don’t get me wrong, I love me a little dark comedy too, but this movie absolutely went over the line. I would’ve turned it off early on, but I had heard from two different sources, who I used to think were reliable, that there was some REALLY funny stuff in it. So I waited it out, expecting the “funny” scene to present itself. When the credits finally rolled, I got on the phone and berated the aforementioned sources for a solid 15 minutes. I have never wanted something ripped from my brain so bad in all my life. (And I saw the Matrix sequels…)

If only that Haitian from Heroes could come make me forget those 84 minutes…

There was one scene, and if you’ve seen it you know exactly which one I’m talking about, that was way beyond disgusting. My buddy who I was watching the movie with had gotten up to go to the bathroom just before this scene had started. When he came back he said, “What did I miss?”

I was speechless. Literally. No words could depart from my lips. I’ll let this settle in for you for a minute. This is me we’re talking about. I pretty much always have something to say about anything, but for this moment I was frozen and I couldn’t muster up anything.

Ugh…so frustrating.

I suppose the lesson learned from this is that I should go with my instincts. Next time I think, “Gee, I think I should turn this off,” it’s getting turned off.

The other good thing is that I feel a little better after ranting a bit. I think I’d like to end on a positive note, though. So positively do not see this movie. Your brain says thank you.

Incidentally, fun episode of Lost, and Claire sure was a cutie as a brunette.

Much luv,
Rob
_____________________________________
Song of the Day: “The Promise” by When In Rome

No comments: