Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Despite "The Producers," it's not just for Hitler...

Woo hoo! It's the first day of Spring!

Ahh, spring…the time of year when a young man’s fancy turns to, well, I don’t remember. You see, I’m beginning to feel like I’m not so much a young man anymore, what with the persistent injuries and the fact that I’m almost 29.

But hey, it’s springtime! It’s time for the sun to make its glorious return and make the outdoors pleasant again. I, for one, can’t wait for a chance to get out to play a little disc golf again, back spasms permitting. (I know, I know…give it time. I’ve heard it from everyone by now: I’m an idiot for rushing back to the basketball court.)

But looking ahead at the weather report, I’m seeing a lot of rain in the forecast. I suppose that’s the flipside of spring, isn’t it? It’s either rain or shine. What does the weatherman know, though? (Coincidentally, the movie “The Weatherman” is really depressing and boring.)

Ready for the application? Here it comes…it’s through the rain that nature is nurtured and brings forth the great beauty that we all get to appreciate. Sure, we don’t care for the rain so much, but it brings forth joy in the after effects.

Much like nature, in life we must bear through the “rainy” days in order to experience the great “beauty and sunshine.” Sometimes it is only through some suffering that we can grow enough to reach new peaks of joy. Through a little sacrifice can come much happiness.

So enjoy the rain, knowing what will follow.

And then enjoy the sun.

Then it doesn’t even matter how wrong the weatherman was.

Much luv,
Rob
_____________________________________
Song of the Day: “Glory of Love” by Peter Cetera

2 comments:

Jon said...

How do you follow such a great song choice ... with Peter Cetera? I mean, a Chicago song would have been ok, but Peter Cetera?

Rob said...

Re: Jon

Sorry, dude...sometimes you just hear a song on the radio and it gets stuck in your head.

And then you can't stop thinking about Karate Kid 2.