Friday, March 16, 2007

I can HEAR Jimmy...

So, I recover from my wonderful back spasms and manage to work a whole two days before coming down with some nasty flu symptoms.

This stinks.

Currently, I lead my NCAA tournament pool, though. So I guess that’s good. And anytime that Duke loses it’s a good thing.

The other day I was asked, “What comes to mind when I mention ‘Dust in the Wind’?”

I promptly responded, “YOU’RE MY BOY, BLUE!” The funny thing is that after that the next item to pop in my head would be “All we are is dust in the wind, dude.” Bill and Ted were so deep. I’m sure that’s exactly what Kansas had in mind when they wrote the song.

It got me to thinking about how quickly hearing something can transport you instantly to someplace different in your mind. For instance, when I hear “My Hero” by the Foo Fighters I feel charged up to take on just about anything. If you’re driving in your car and you hear that guitar solo from “Freebird” you can’t help but speed up. I’m pretty sure that a little Enya will lower your blood pressure.

It’s amazing what effects music can induce.

Now, if only there were something I could listen to that would make this flu bug disappear…

Maybe “The Macarena” would work. That song scares anything away.

It’s probably not worth it though.

Let’s go Yellow Jackets!

Much luv,
Rob
_____________________________________
Song of the Day: “Moondance” by Van Morrison

No comments: