Thursday, March 29, 2007

And here's my wife, Mogan Fairchild! Yes, that's the ticket...

Ok, so I said I wasn’t going to write any more this week, but then you all had to go and cry about it, so here I am, ready to feed your habit. Or maybe I’m just a compulsive liar. (Bonus points to people who aren’t named Kent who recognize the title of today’s column.)

The truth is that I find myself feeling, as they said in Patch Adams, “excessively happy” tonight. And before you even ask, no, I am not on Valium. It’s just been a goofy kind of night and I have heard a few catchy tunes that have given me the urge to sing a bit. (No, I’m not a singer, but if you hum a few bars I can fake it.)

So my thoughts have turned musical. I just want…I just want to sing. (No, no…stop that! Stop that!) I thought I’d throw out a list of songs that I think would be hysterical to hear done as karaoke. Here they are…the top five songs I’d love to hear sung by someone who has no serious vocal talent!

5) “Chop Suey!” by System of a Down (Come on, who can resist a song that has fast-whispering and contains an exclamation point in the title?)
4) “She Bangs” by William Hung (Ricky Martin who?)
3) “Hold On” by Wilson Phillips (Harold and Kumar forever changed this song for me.)
2) ”Beyond the Sea” by Bobby Darrin (Anybody can pull off this crooner. And it’s a fun one to sing. I know I’ve been guilty of belting it out while in the car.)

And #1) “Yellow Ledbetter” by Pearl Jam (Seriously, you can’t understand a word that Eddie is saying in this song.)

So search for that song in your heart, find your melody, or some other musical sounding cliché. Life just seems happier with a little background music, and that’s no lie.

Much luv,
Rob
_____________________________________
Song of the Day: “Seven Nation Army” by The White Stripes

3 comments:

Pooji said...

No fair on the Bonus Point restrictions! I cry, "FOUL!!!"

No, wait! Instead, I cry out, "I want to PUMP! you up! You little girly man!"

OK, maybe instead of crying out, I'll just cry. No bonus points for me. Boo-hoo!


;)

Anonymous said...

You've already heard someone sing Chop Suey! who has no musical talent. Except the song was retitled Rudolph! for the occasion.:-)

Rob said...

Re: anonymous

Oh yeah...that one was almost as good as "Let the Scoops Hit the Bowl."

WHERE'S MY FIGGY PUDDING???!!!