Monday, February 19, 2007

The sky is the limit…

Boy, what a boring weekend. Absolutely nothing happened at all. Ho hum.

Wait, no, that’s not right. This weekend was great! I have a nephew now! On Saturday, February 17th, little Liam was born! William Hanul (not sure on the spelling of that part yet) Mayer came into this world weighing an even seven pounds and measuring 19.5 inches long. It was an exciting time for the family. Sarah was such a trooper…never took the pain meds. She even finished the labor in time to see the three-point contest like she had hoped. One of the first things she asked me afterwards was, “What time is the three point shootout?” Rumor has it that Dirk was going to dedicate this victory to Sarah and Liam, but he came up short. Too bad.

But my nephew is awesome. He came into this world with his eyes wide open, and seemed extremely attentive to everything going on around him. It was very neat to see.

Grandma and Grandpa Yun were a blast as well. The communication barrier was fun to overcome. Sure, I didn’t know what they were saying most of the time, but the joy in the room was understandable in any language. I remember at one point in time, Grandpa Yun looked at me and said something. I did not know what he was saying at first, but then he started to make a basketball shooting motion and then pointed to Liam and me. I’ve been instructed by grandpa to teach Liam some basketball. That sounds like a pretty good task to me. I look forward to it.

So congrats to Bill and Sarah! May Liam bring you lots of joy and happiness!

And to the rest of you…Happy President’s Day! Go do something patriotic.

Much luv,
Rob
_____________________________________
Song of the Day: “Rockstar” by Nickelback

No comments: