Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The answer is four…

Firstly, it’s very funny watching Steve try to adjust to actually working. He just can’t bring himself to go to bed, and I think it’s hilarious. He’s said at least half a dozen times so far, “Alright guys, I’m goin’ to bed.” Yet he’s still sitting here…not sleeping.

HA!

So I got to thinking about a question I was recently asked: “What was the last song playing on your mp3 player?”

I realize that right now the answer to that question is “Tiny Dancer” by Elton John, and I’m not sure how I feel about that. I may need to turn in one of my man-cards or something. I listen to a little bit of everything, but I’m now paranoid about whatever might be the “last” thing to which I was listening because you just never know when someone might ask you, “Hey, what’s the last song you heard?” Don’t let yourself be caught in my current position where “Elton John” might be the answer you have to give.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

Did you know that Sir Elton John’s middle name is Hercules? He was born with the name Reginald Kenneth Dwight. He changed it to Elton Hercules John. The “Sir” part came much later, after he began donning those giant, Sauron-sized glasses that, I can only assume, grant him x-ray vision or something. He can probably see me right now with those things. (How many fingers am I holding up, Sir Elton?)

Why am I rambling on about Elton John?

I don’t have a good answer for that. I guess I’m just hung up thinking about the last song I heard tonight.

I suppose it could have been worse. At least it wasn’t “The Girl From Ipanema.”

Don’t judge me.

Much luv,
Rob
_____________________________________
Song of the Day: “L’Arena” by Ennio Morricone

5 comments:

Jon said...

You're not going to believe this, but the last song I listened to is ... "I wish I was a little bit taller, a wish I was a baller ..."

Rob said...

Re: Jon

Good ol' Skee Lo.

I miss you, buddy. (Both Jon and Skee Lo, for the record.)

Anonymous said...

Um….I’m pretty sure I voided all of my “man-cards” the day I used the sentence, “ Hey dude, do you mind if I Tivo the ‘Real World?’

McArchie said...

Dick Jauron standing on the sideline at any given point in the game.

Anonymous said...

bring something like music in, and all of a sudden everyone posts.

and my contribution:

"Over" by Jimmy Eat World from the Stay on My Side Tonight EP. great song. finished while I was writing this and now its the 4th movement in Mahler's Symphony number 4. wow. gotta love random music.

F3