Friday, February 23, 2007

Fleshy-headed mutant, are you friendly?

How’s it goin’, eh?

As it was foretold last Friday at Kate’s party…

“And lo, they shall gather at Primrose and take in a projected image of that which is most hilarious, most enthralling, and most Canadian.”

Last night a couple of us got together and watched Strange Brew. Now, I hadn’t seen it in many, many years and was certain that it wouldn’t have stood the test of time.

My friends, I could not have been more wrong. Strange Brew is, in fact, still hilarious, if not more hilarious than it had ever been. If given the chance, I encourage any and all of you to get your hands on a copy of this film and watch it while drinking a Molson. (I don’t even like beer, but felt it was in the spirit of the evening.)

Follow that up with some Scrubs and The Office and my Thursday night was awesome, and I find that I am in a mood of highest quality. It seems that laughter is conducive to happiness, so I offer these simple truths about laughter:

When we laugh we ...
- Alleviate depression;
- Lower our blood pressure;
- Promote relaxation;
- Reduce stress;
- Increase the oxygen level in our blood, giving us more energy;
- Increase the endorphin activity in our body resulting in a sense of well being;
- Are able to keep things in perspective;
- Banish boredom;
- Are more socially attractive - people enjoy being with those who laugh easily and often; and
- Immeasurably increase our enjoyment of life.
Laughter has been called social glue because it bonds us to the people we laugh with. The message is clear: To live better ... laugh more.

If it feels good to laugh then laugh to feel good.

So laugh.

Like now, eh!

Much luv,
Rob
_____________________________________
Song of the Day: “Am I Ever Gonna Change” by Extreme

No comments: