Thursday, February 22, 2007

Brought to you by Aleve…

“Ow!”

That was my first word of the day as I sat up in bed to turn off my alarm clock. (It plays the theme from Firefly, for any who are curious.) I think that I’ve pulled a muscle in my back. It happened last Friday and I’ve been taking things slow, but yesterday while picking up a heavier box at work it began to slip from my hands and I tried to catch it. (It’s my cat-like reflexes that are my undoing.) In doing so, I tweaked things a bit and am now very, very sore.

The upshot is I get to actually use a sick day from work and stay home to watch some awesome daytime tv. I think that Maury Povich is having gender-confused aliens who aren’t sure who is the father of their baby on the show today. Time for boot camp!

It seems that America’s Funniest Home Videos is on much of the day on various channels. It’s always fun to watch people getting hit by things which brings me to the single greatest idea that I have ever had:

IMPACT television.

Seriously, it would be a 24-hour per day network that just featured footage of people hitting things or being hit by things. It never gets old seeing people get hit in the comedy zones (the face and the groin) over and over again. Never again would you be forced to watch commercials during your favorite programming. During commercials, just tune in to IMPACT television for a few minutes to get loads of laughs or wince in some sympathetic pain.

I know that I’d watch. Of course, it would again have me saying:

“Ow!”

Much luv,
Rob
_____________________________________
Song of the Day: “La Valse D'amelie (Theme From Amelie)” by Yann Tierson

No comments: