Sunday, February 11, 2007

I can't feel my toes...

Anyone else from Calvary come home from church and watch Gladiator? Surely, I’m not the only one…

Perhaps you haven’t noticed, but lately in the Chicago-land area it has been just a wee-bit on the chilly side. No, seriously, it has…

As I ponder why it is that my fingers just can’t seem to keep warm no matter what I attempt, I got to thinking that there surely must be some good things about the cold. Everything has its merit, right? Right?

So today I offer up a top five list. From the home office in Schaumburg, IL I bring you:

Top Five Reasons why the Extreme Cold is Better than the Extreme Heat
5) Coffee. It just seems better in the bitter cold weather.
4) Penguins! They can do that cool slide thing that we, as humans, must envy for all of our lives.
3) Excessive sweating is just disgusting. There are no two ways about it.
2) That wonderful feeling you get when you sniffle and feel everything inside your nose freeze up. Mmm…

and the #1 reason…
1) You can always wear more layers of clothing. There are only so many layers that you can remove…at least according to stupid laws.

Feels warmer already, doesn’t it?

No, I’m still cold, too.

(Only 37 more days until spring!)

Much luv,
Rob
_____________________________________
Song of the Day: “White Rabbit” by Blue Man Group (originally by Jefferson Airplane, but I like this version better)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

um....your top 10 list is missing its top half. Perhaps some other comment-leavers can fill it out? for number 6 I believe that walking to work in the snow is a heck of a lot better than in the windy rain.

f3

Rob said...

Why...whatever do you mean, f3?
*quick edit*
Looks fine to me. Now YOU'RE the crazy one.

Anonymous said...

I find that, for all the things you CAN'T feel in the bitter cold (toes, fingers, etc...), there are some things which you suddenly CAN feel:

Lungs
Teeth
Hair follicles
The tip of your nose

it's never a good time when you are physically AWARE of these things...