Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Einstein should have bought a fedora...

So I recently read a quote that got me thinking a little bit. (Just a little bit. Don't worry, I didn't hurt myself.) The quote went a little something like this:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited by what is...imagination is boundless."

That may not be an exact quote, but it's pretty close. (I can't find where I read it earlier...sue me.) Anyway, what makes that quote more interesting is knowing who said it...

Albert Einstein.

Yes, the man who brought us the theory of relativity and confused beginning physics students everywhere embraced the importance of the imagination.

That got me to thinking about another great thinker: Bill Watterson. Sure, he may not be as well known as "Big Al" but he has brought something into the world that has done a wonderful job displaying the wonders of the imagination: Calvin and Hobbes.

I've spent a lifetime enjoying that amazing cartoon so I thought I'd share the strip that inspired my email address. Take a look:

Beautiful stuff, no? It almost brings a tear to my eye...

So let your imagination run wild! Let it run as wild as good ol' Einstein's hair.


(Yeah, I decided to try playing around with pictures a bit...)

Much luv,
Rob
________________________________________________
Song of the Day: "Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble" by Deleriou5

No comments: