Friday, May 4, 2007

Don't do it, Spiderman! Don't...

Yawn…stretch…midnight showings of movies make me sleepy.

Last night I headed out to the theater and saw the latest Spiderman movie. It was pretty good. There was probably more crying and musical numbers in the movie than I would have preferred, but Bruce Campbell played the ultimate French waiter. I think the movie felt like a collection of good moments, some even great, but as a whole it just didn’t flow together too well. Not a bad movie, but probably the weakest of the series.

Still, there’s a sequence midway through the movie that is just bizarre. I imagine many people will hate it, but I think it was rather funny. It doesn’t really seem to “fit” with the style of the rest of the movie, but you can’t deny the funny of it.

I suppose I have to give it 3 stars, and it’s loads better than the latest installment of Superman.

Now, it’s naptime. Have a great weekend, and watch out for falling meteorites.

Much luv,
Rob
_______________________________________
Song of the Day: “Ordinary” by Train

5 comments:

Pooji said...

It's a horrible movie. I give it -3 stars to balance out your three.

When the highlight of the movie is a five minute cameo (Bruce Campblel as the French maître d' is awesome!), you know it's a bad film.

As I posted on another friend's blog, this is worse than Batman & Robin (George Clooney version); worse than Daredevil; even worse than Catwoman.

It might even be worse than Superman Returns.

I think we should do a movie show together! One thumb down, WAY DOWN, for me on this one. Back to you, Siskel! :)

Rob said...

Re: pooji

Nothing...NOTHING was worse than Superman Returns. I'd like fewer real estate scams as major plots in my superhero movies, thank you very much.

I could see us doing a movie show...Pooji vs. TracerBullet. I could extoll the virtures of Mars Attacks while you tell me I'm an idiot!

Pooji said...

My goodness--have we talked about Mars Attacks before? I really hate that movie.

I think you are right about Superman Returns. It is much worse than Spiderman 3.

I think I'm going to see two movies tomorrow: 28 Weeks Later and the Hot Fuzz. Hopefully that one-two punch will knock the foul rot that is Spiderman 3 out of my brain.

So, when do we start our film show?

Ebert out.

Rob said...

Re: pooji

I don't think we've ever discussed Mars Attacks before, but it's one of those movies that pretty much everyone hates...except for me.

As for 28 Weeks Later, I can't say that I've seen it but zombies are always ready for a good time.

Ironically, I just got home from seeing Hot Fuzz and it is one of the best movies I have seen in a long, long time. Be prepared to grin like a fool for about 2 hours straight. That is, when you're not actually laughing out loud.

I think I need about 5 more sets of hands because I'd like to give Hot Fuzz 12 thumbs up. It was just that good. Enjoy!

We'll have to discuss this potential film show at the upcoming gameday.

Why do I have to be Ebert?

Pooji said...

I'm Ebert (since I'm the fat one).

You're Siskel (since you're the skinny one).

Hence, the "back to you, Siskel!" in my first comment, as in "Now I, Ebert, stop talking and let my cohost talk."

And "Ebert out," in my last comment, as in "I, Ebert, am done talking now--over-and-out as I say on my c.b. radio all the time."

If that's not clear, I blame Spiderman 3 for frying my brain.