Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Of course he can outrun Superman...

I often wish that life would imitate the movies more. I love the movies. I like good movies. I like bad movies. The only movies that I really can’t find a way to enjoy are the utterly forgettable movies...movies that offer nothing good, nothing bad…nothing worth remembering. It doesn’t take much. Just give me one good scene, one good location, one good hero, or one good villain.

So it is with a little bit of surprising sadness that I bring you this news (of which you’ve probably already heard):

Rosie O’Donnell has announced that she will be leaving “The View.”

Now, it may shock and disturb you that I said “with sadness” that I bring this news. You’re right to be shocked, disturbed, angry, and possibly a little hungry. Rosie and “The View” are two of my least favorite things in this world. Go ahead and look back over some of the things I’ve written and they surely make appearances in a negative fashion periodically. Maybe even as much as Dr. Cox rips on Hugh Jackman. (Doubtful.)

So anyway, why am I sad? Well, like I said about life imitating movies, “The View” with Rosie made for a powerful duo of villainy. Every time that Rosie opened her mouth and said something outrageous, she supplied heroes all over the world with something to combat. She regularly brought forth the drama. She’s going to have to find a new irritating platform from which she can be heard.

And what about “The View?” In Rosie’s absence, who will rise up and provide a common enemy for which the forces of good can unite? Some say it might be Whoopi Goldberg. Other rumors have Roseann Barr filling the ample sized seat.

I don’t know who it will be, but one thing is for certain…”The View” is still 100% pure evil.

Someone better call The Flash.

Much luv,
Rob
_______________________________________
Song of the Day: “Mississippi Queen” by Mountain

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question:

More annoying-Rosie or Skip Bayless?

Whew…that one is close, but gotta go with Skip by a hair…

Next Question:

More useless opinions-Rosie or Skip Bayless?

Another barn-burner, but gotta go with Rosie, At least Skip can back up some of his opinions with research done by ESPN interns.


Last Question:

Person who really should not be famous?

Rosie, Skip Bayless or Tom Arnold

Too close to call, gotta leave this one alone.

Anonymous said...

at least with rosie on the view you could avoid two birds with one stone by simply not watching the view and knowing that you will also not see rosie. Now, just avoiding the view isn't good enough...she could be ANYWHERE

F3