Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Mmm, caramelicious...

I've just finished downing my third caramel frappuccino this morning...I feel slightly jumpy. I could probably dominate a game of whack-a-mole right now.

Over the weekend, I learned that there are actually a few people who still read this little blog. Believe it or not, that's encouraging. I'm not really sure why I even do this. It started off as a way to vent a bit and express what I was feeling or share something I had learned. It didn't take long to develop into generic randomness, though, where it seems to be stuck now.

Another thing that I learned this weekend is that when a little child grabs you by the hand and asks you a question, you simply have to say, "Yes."

What is it about kids that drops people's guard and makes us happy? Maybe we just catch a glimpse of innocence and want to help foster it before it is lost forever to "growing up." (Although we all know that kids aren't necessarily "innocent.") The ravages of time wear away at the simple happiness that is present in kids. When they're not screaming, yelling, or crying, that is.

Still, as I skipped through the church building holding hands with this little child I couldn't help but be filled with joy, no matter that we went outside in the drizzling rain to look at a balloon. For some reason, it just seemed right.

Perhaps if we took a few minutes each day to just simplify and look at the world through the eyes of a child, we could all find little "joy moments" like that. Give it a shot.

Or, failing that, pound a few frappuccinos. That'll get you going, too.

Much luv,
Rob
________________________________________
Song of the Day: "The Water Buffalo Song" by Superchick (originally a Veggie Tales tune...keeping with the "kids" theme of the day.)

2 comments:

Pooji said...

"It takes a village to raise a child. But just a van and a few puppies to catch one."

- seen on the internet

Rob said...

re: pooji

hehehe...you're a sick, twisted, depraved, hilarious man.