Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I think that Vegas has the buffalo as an 8-1 favorite...

Ok, first, I'd like to apologize for "The Devil Went Down to Georgia." I love that I lucked my way into linking that song to the site for yesterday's little musing, but I don't know how to have it not automatically play. So odds are strong that it started playing again while you're looking at this, and you'll just have to scroll down and pause it. I'll look at the code a bit and see if I can change it, but that's rather doubtful, since I have no idea what I'm doing...(I think it worked!)(No, it didn't, and I'm giving up on trying to figure it out, so I've altered the settings so that only one "musing" shows at a time. That should help.)

Ok, today I'd like to share another little video clip that my dad sent my way. It's an amazing display of the "family" instinct that exists even in nature. I'll preface this by saying that the little buffalo survives. So while you might be tempted to stop watching and wince occasionally, stick it out. It's not gruesome, I promise. The video is about 8 minutes long, and if you watch through to the end it's totally worth the time spent.

Check it out:



King of the jungle? I guess not always.

Much luv,
Rob
_________________________________________________________
Song of the Day: "Free" by VAST

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not much to say to that besides, "Hey, Larry, ditch the coat."

(no cheating, you won't find it on Google)

"Batman"

Rob said...

re: "Batman"

Consider it ditched? (You've completely lost me.)

But for some reason, I feel like you're talking about good ol' Cousin Larry from Perfect Strangers.

Now where's Balki Bartokamous when we need him...

Anonymous said...

Au Contraire, mon frair! Look not to our favorite Myposian. Look instead to The Badger - very obscure, thrice cancelled, comic that very few have read (and yet, for some reason, is going to start up again). Without going into too much detail, it involves a guy wearing a buffalo skin jacket being chased through the Galleria by a very angry, well, buffalo. The advise from the title character was, well, you get it.

But if you have to explain it…

You better get used to these odd, very obscure references as long as I’m around, my faithful decoy!

“Batman”