Wednesday, November 12, 2008

After studying hard, I've deduced that his name is Flipper...

As Juno's friend Leah once said, "Yo yo yiggidy yo." (I think that's some sort of greeting.)

So, today at work, I was thinking about the future. No, not about time travel, hover cars, or the fact that doom is seemingly impending (more so than normal) because a certain Obama is the president-elect.

No, I was thinking about the fact that I'd like to find a new job. I took an online "career finders" test and was astonished at the results. After just a few short minutes, this little test had matched the "top 20" careers suited to me.

So here they are, in the order given to me by the test, along with why none of these are the career for me:

Astronaut: What am I, six years old? Seriously, I don't even like roller coasters. There's no way I'm getting on board a space shuttle.

Electrical Engineer: Hmm...designing electrical things? Probably not my forte, and I wouldn't want to infringe on Mike's territory.

Civil Engineering Technician: Bridges and such could be fun to design...perhaps I should consider this.

Dolphin Researcher: Now, this result is puzzling. I mean, that's really, really specific. Note that it doesn't say "Marine Biologist." No, this is dolphin researcher. I figure the world only needs a few of these, and I am not to be one of them.

Computer Systems Analyst: I don't think I could handle looking at code all day.

Industrial Engineer: Again, this engineering thing might be somewhat up my alley. Maybe the test wasn't all bad.

Aviation Accident Investigator: I don't think I could handle looking at tragedies. Besides, I've seen Fight Club. I don't want to be responsible for deciding if it's "cost effective" to do a recall.

Equine Vet: A horse doctor? Me? I don't like small pets...no way I'd like big horses.

Civil Engineer: I guess this is more of the "theory" side than the technician...not necessarily a bad idea for me.

Neurosurgeon: Ick! Operating on brains? I hope my hands would be steady!

Auto Racing Mechanic: I do think that I'd like to be a mechanic. Auto racing, though? Sounds noisy.

Prosthetics Designer: Who knows...maybe I could be responsible for designing the prosthetic that the infamous one-armed-man uses to commit his crimes!

Computer Hardware Designer: Meh...not for me. I don't like computers enough for that.

Veterinarian: Pets bother me. I'm quite certain I'd have a hard time being sympathetic enough.

Acoustical Engineer: THIS is something that I should research. Seriously...the test was worth taking for this result. I love music, sound, and the technology behind it.

Cardiologist: No working on the human body. It's icky.

Arson Investigator: Burn victims? Tragedy? No thanks...although I could probably get a cool pair of shades like that CSI guy.

Industrial Chemist: Oooh! I could manage huge vats of steaming chemicals! Sounds...dangerous!

Telecommunications Manager: Is that like a phone operator? I wouldn't want to be responsible for communications systems. Nobody's ever happy when dealing with those people.

Computer Engineer: NERDS! But I'm ok with being a nerd...so maybe this isn't so bad.

Ultimately, I guess this just goes to show that I still don't know what I want to do...but I'm fairly certain that it's not dolphin research.

Much luv,
Rob
_________________________________________________
Song of the Day: "Here It Goes Again" by OK Go

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure that your test was crap. or you answered the questions in such a way that it was not possible to narrow things down. BTW, civil engineer is things like parking lots, bridges, roads, retention areas, power and sewage lines, etc. not actually being the architect on any of those specifically, but mapping them all out to suit a situation like an intersection, etc.

seriously though, the sound tech idea would suit you well.

~F3