Friday, August 1, 2008

I'm invincible!!!

Ah, it was like old times...

Tonight I tasted the sweet nectar of nostalgia in the form of one of the greatest video games of all time. I've often claimed that "Kaboom" for the Atari was the greatest video game of all time. There's no winning in that game. The bombs just drop faster and faster until you lose, but accumulating an abundance of points is just flat-out good times.

Still, "Kaboom" was not the game of choice this evening. Tonight, I played some Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64. It only took a moment to select "Kissy" as my control style, Boris as my character, and "Facility" as my stage and I was thrust into the action, tossing proximity mines like crazy around a bathroom and watching my foes explode before me.

As I often like to say:

It...was...AWESOME!

What is it about playing an old game that brings such joy to my heart? Why is it so comforting? Is it the familiarity? The longing for some happy memories from the past?

Nah, I think it's the fact that blasting your foes with a rocket launcher in the "complex" level brings some joy that simply can't be found elsewhere.

Especially if that foe is being represented by Oddjob. I hate that guy...with his stupid hat, short stature, and smug look on his face.

Anyway, it was much fun, and I highly recommend digging up something fun from your past for another look. Good times.

Off to go whitewater rafting in West Virginia this weekend. If I don't make it back, please avenge my death.

Much luv,
Rob
_________________________________________________
Song of the Day: "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" by Michael Jackson

1 comment:

June Bug said...

lol
avenge ur death
who were we sapposed to kill?
the rappids?
lol rob. u crack me up
♥June Bug