Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bleedin' Orange and Blue...

So the olympics have come and gone. Michael Phelps is likely a robot, Chinese gymnasts are likely jr. highers, and synchronized diving is likely the worst sporting event ever created.

I mean, seriously...Synchronized. Diving.

Still, the olympics were fascinating and the opening ceremonies spectacle was amazing. I'm scared to think of what Chicago might do to compete with that presentation. What have we got to compare to that? I think our best bet is to just offer italian beef sandwiches and deep dish pizza while ushering people down pot-hole riddled highways and tapping their Ipass for money. It's just crazy enough to work.

Something else is holding my attention, though. Several things, actually. Right now, though, as September draws near, it's the time of year when a young man's thoughts turn to that one special thing...

Football.

I love my Bears. My love for The Beloved has been documented throughout this blog. This year it looks like we're putting Sexy Rexy on the backburner and turning control of the offense over to the one, the only, The Neckbeard. I'll be honest, I've always thought Rex had more potential. There was that six game stretch in '06 where he looked like and MVP candidate. Something went wrong after that, though, and he hasn't been able to regain that top notch form since.

Now Kyle Orton running the show, though, and you know what...he's looked pretty good. If the defense can step up and the special teams can continue to dominate, we just may be able to call The Beloved division champs this year.

I, for one, am excited.

And it has nothing to do with gold medals.

Much luv,
Rob
______________________________________________
Song of the Day: "Compadre'" by Insyderz

No comments: