Friday, July 6, 2007

I think I may be falling apart...

So in my most recent trip to the treatment center, I was diagnosed with something called "hip bursitis." Unfortunately, the "hip" that it refers to does not mean cool or stylish, it's referring to that area of the body in which the leg meets the torso. (Incidentally, isn't "torso" a fun word?)

Apparently, there are these things called "bursas" in the body that provide a cushioned gliding surface between body tissues. I've managed to damage one of them on my left side. When the doctor asked me if I've fallen or bumped my side lately, I recalled recent events in which I couldn't see where I was going and walked into a railing very hard, and the next day I slipped on a frisbee in a blacktop parking lot. I suddenly thought to myself, "My, my...I sound very clumsy."

So I find myself in a good deal of pain lately whenever I stay on my feet for any length of time. Additionally, I get the bonus of having my left leg numb up as well. This morning in the shower it got so bad that I had to just sit on the floor of the tub for a bit to recover. Fun times.

So yes, I've hurt my hip. If I wasn't feeling old enough before, I certainly am now. Fortunately I am surrounded by supportive, helpful people who wouldn't poke fun at me as I dreadfully approach the big 3-0. Oh wait...

So approach this weekend with caution. You could be next!

Much luv,
Rob
______________________________________
Song of the Day: "Kiss" by Tom Jones

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't see any humor in a brother's pain. I mean, I couldn't kick a man when he's down. But, I must admit, that fisbee incident really does draw humerous picture in one's mind, just for physical comedy value alone.

Sorry about your hip, "Old Man." Dude, all I can think is, if this is what you're going through at the onset of 30, what are you in for when you get to MY age?!

Invest in geriatrics, people! The Baby Boom has already become the Old People Squeek and it's just going to get better.

'Nuff said!

Troy

Anonymous said...

"Kiss" by Tom Jones is anathema and abomination. "Kiss," music and lyrics by Prince Roger Nelson for the movie Under the Cherry Moon, is a masterpiece of funk and is blasphemed by that lounge act cover.

No, don't get me wrong. It’s not unusual for that sex bomb to be loved by everyone. Let’s face it: He needs love like I do. But he should have been buried ‘neath the green, green grass of home before he could profane Prince’s “Kiss.” (and Talking Heads’ “Burning Down the House” and Iggy Pop's "Lust for Life," for that matter).

Not just my opion. That's just the way it is. (oops, I think I just drifted into Bruce Hornsby.)

Troy